Tuesday, October 10, 2006















Ahhh the sun shines on San Sebastian!! What a great couple of days we have had. It is so lovely to lie on the beach with a book. Although the water was freakin cold (for us Qlders anyway) over the last few days, so no swimming was in order.

Yesterday (08/10/06) all three of us lay on the beach for a while after checking out some San Sebastian marathon that was going on. We then went to the train station to book our tickets to Barcelona - siesta. Oops, so we went for a walk to Zurriola beach and through another part of town, popped in for a bit of tapas, then back to the train station again. Booked an overnight sleeper for €45 each.

You can do it!! Marathon














Me on the beach
















Then Kim and I went back to the beach for some more relaxing before heading off for a walk up to the Christ statue on top of the hill. That was a good walk. On the way down, we saw an old guy feeding fish in the marina so we went and checked that out. Lo and behold - MULLETS!!! Just like the mullet-feeding tourist attraction in Darwin, that Mum and I saw in July 05. Speaking of mullets - there seem to be hundreds on the Spanish heads here. Mullets in fashion - geez, never would have picked it but the sad thing is not many of them are actually fashionable - they´re hideous!!! :P

Spent a bit more time on the beach today (09/10/06) and then checked out some of the shops. One could really go nuts here with all the cheap shoes and bags! Seems to be good quality too. Some gorgeous leather boots and sweet heels. Ahhh to have a big suitcase to fill with girly stuff :) But unfortunately, I have very little room around my sleeping bag, thermals, chamois towels, socks, and essential toiletries. Apparently the shopping in Barcelona is quite good, so I could be tempted there too.

Popped into a tapas bar tonight for our last session before leaving and we ran into some Sydney-siders. They asked where we´re from and we said Brisbane and Longreach. Well, what a coincidence, one of the couples knows a few different families in Longreach. Amy knew exactly who they were talking about and knows the families well. Talk about small world!!

So we´ve had a great holiday from the 6th-9th in San Sebastian. A bit of beaching, bit of shopping, some fantastic tapas, a few local beers, wines and sangrias, and a quick trip into a few of the nightclubs. But we were a bit turned off after coming into contact with an entire French rugby team, all around the 20-year old mark, who were over the top unfortunately - stroking our hair, yahooing... We were the only girls in the club so we got all their attention...

Anyway, it´s all been fun! I think I´d like to come back to Spain. If I was asked about a ´honeymoon destination list´it would contain Venice and San Sebastian I reckon. And it would have to have a bit of Greece too - but I haven´t been to any other islands yet so don´t know which ones. (Oh and another week at the Adler Resort in the Dolomites would go down well too!)
Adios amigos and amigas

Kim and I on the beach - Christ statue in far distance, kinda on top of that kid's head,














The view from the top of the hill of La Concha beach














The Christ statue up close


















And the marina with the mullet going after some bread



















Adios amigos and amigas

NX TALLY:
V


AIXAM TALLY:
I

I San Sebastian (red one, just like the one on Kythera)

No comments: