The plans from now:
- Enjoying London touristy things such as Westminster Abbey, Natural History Museum, the London Eye. I'll also be moving out of the Camberwell flat on Friday or Saturday to Lei and Johnno's place. Saturday, going to catch up with Patrina as she's back in London for a day (after being in Florence learning Italian for a month <-- jealous!) before flying back to Bris.
- Then Sunday: off to Bath to visit family (great-aunt and my dad's cousin) with Margaret (my other great-aunt).
- Then maybe I'll get some more travel in around Europe, but flights are crazily expensive right now, being the height of summer season.
- Saturday 11th/Sunday 12th: last chance for catch up with London mates.
- Monday 13th: PACK! and fly to Bangkok Monday night.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: in Bangkok
- Thursday 16th: fly to Brisbane (via Sydney) and arrive in Brisbane on the morning of the 17th.
- THEN: I have a whole month for chilling and catching up with you Brisbanites! And then it's a move to Canberra for a job with Land and Water!! I start there on the 17th of September.
About the job, for those of you that haven't heard about it. Basically I saw an ad in NRMjobs with Land and Water in a knowledge management team working on projects with NRM groups. Anyway, it looked like a good job so I applied to see how I'd fare in the Aussie market after my stint OS. I got a phone interview and then was (amazingly) offered the job! They sound like lovely people, with all sorts of backgrounds. So Canberra - another adventure! With a population of around 300,000 people it's a far-cry from London! But Lei tells me if you like sport in Canberra, then it's great fun. And Canberra is about 3 and a half hours from Sydney. So, Ben, you should expect a visit now and then!! And beach volleyball at Manly, here I come!!!


2 comments:
Hey Claire! So many stories and photos to comment on.... so I'll just say that I'm looking forward to catching up again soon! Safe travels xx
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).
Post a Comment