Hello on this rainy London-day. Just back from the Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling - a very strange tradition where people throw themselves off a very steep hill after a cheese that's just been thrown off the hill... Photos to follow and I have a brilliant video (might join U-tube or something as I don't think this blog can handle it - hint to Blogger adminstrators!!).
The kiwis and aussies always do well apparently - for example the last three years before this one, the same kiwi girl won the ladies' race. And today, in the ladies', 2 kiwis came 1st and 2nd and an aussie girl, who happens to be a friend of the Hammersmith house people (she used to live there), came 3rd. A lot of it's luck I think but for people to win years in a row must mean something. Maybe it's just that no one crazier than them have turned up. One guy absolutely flew down the hill - flying through the air and spinning over and over, it was amazing to watch - a human torpedo. A couple of injuries - one dreadlocked bloke (aussie I think) managed to knock himself out for a few minutes and a Japanese bloke that won the cheese did his ankle.
Oh, in other news, I'm (UNFORTUNATELY as you'll see) leaving beautiful old Chiswick on the west-side tomorrow. It's a suburb with small parks, trees, expensive houses, sweet little cafes, and trendy shops. Oh and a mix of Mercs, Jeeps, and Range Rovers getting around.... AND soon-to-be added: ROBBIE WILLIAMS!!! Dammit!! Why am I leaving now?!!
Oh well, I'm sure I'll be near some other celebrities in Camberwell - maybe Snoop Dogg's cronies....
Ok, so that's about it for now. Back to work tomorrow... It's been quite enjoyable working for Defra but in my opinion, there are quite a few major inefficiency issues! But the people that work in my area are all quite friendly (if reserved) and I'm looking forward to participating in the Defra Sports Day on June 15th. I'm a member of the mixed volleyball team and of course the drinking team. Should be a great day - I'm in charge of buying the matching shirts for the uniforms though, so had better get onto it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment