Thursday, April 12, 2007

As I posted in my last entry, I was living in a shack in the back yard of an Aussie/Kiwi house. Well that was only short-term and I luckily managed to find a double bed room in a 6-bedroom terrace house in Hammersmith (a suburb on the west-side, quite trendy) for a month. Went round to the house and met a few flatmates and it was all good. Except I had a week in between having to leave the Loveshack and moving into this Hammersmith house. So a friend at work offered a mattress on his living room floor for the week in between.

It was fine until I started getting wierd vibes off his (male) flatmate and basically it all turned to s*%t one night when the flatmate came home from the pub and swore at me and accused me of various things (such as that I wasn´t going to move out when agreed, that I was a bitch etc. etc.) and threatened me. It was all very strange and frankly uncalled for! As you can imagine I got quite upset... He was completely irrational (and since then, I´ve decided that Kiwi blokes with strange personalities, who smoke way too much weed, really should be avoided(. He was an a*$%)*e!!

Anyway, luckily, before that weekend I´d sussed out with Lei and Johnno if I could have their room if things went pear-shaped (call me a psychic!)... So after being abused, I dashed off to their place with my backpack at 12:30am - there was no way I was staying in the flat with that fruit-loop.

Lei´s flatmate Kevin welcomed me in (Lei and Johnno were in Norway) and I had a great weekend sharing a few beers and relaxing with Kevin, away from the nutcase. That was the long weekend of Easter - I think I spent about 5 hours on the tube going backwards and forwards taking stuff from the east (where Lei and Johnno live) to the west (Hammersmith house) and then back to the south (nutcase kiwi´s place) to get more stuff - and backwards and forwards.

No - I don´t actually have that much stuff... But it basically takes me two trips - I now have a doonah (duvet in the rest of the world other than Australia) and pillows and a few more clothes for work and food etc...

You know, it´s really common for people to doss (take a spare bed/couch and pay a small fee - eg. 5 pound/night) and crash on mate´s floors etc. when new to London. Most people are pretty understanding when it comes to searching for a place to live. But it´s hard work moving from place to place. Although I guess I've saved a bit of $$ while dossing, it is temporary living, it's hard to get into a routine and it takes a lot of time to find the next house!

So now just trying to find a place to call (temporary) home from May - at the end of my month in Hammersmith. Hoping to get a place for the 3mths I have left before heading back to Australia.

Work is going well and I´m managing to save a bit of money too which is nice. Going to head to Spain for a bit of a holiday at the end of April hopefully. There´s a flamenco festival on in Seville.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hello! I'm thinking about you :-)